Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Jerome

Today we went on a little exploration of Arizona and visited the old mining town Jerome.  We wanted to scope it out to see if it would be a fun place to take my parents when they come visit.  I think they'd enjoy it.  

We sure did!  Here are some highlights:


Here's Clara and I standing in front of the mine shaft hole that is twice as deep as the Eiffel Tower is tall!  I know it's not allowed, but we sneaked a rock through the crack and watched it fall into darkness and waited for the thud that was way too far away for our ears to hear.  Kinda creepy!



They have glass that you walk on so you're actually standing above the hole.  Clara was too scared to stand on it, and I don't blame her.  I have to admit that my tummy was in a knot- see how I'm clutching on to that bar...just in case.



The town is a super cute tourist attraction and the view is incredible because the town is high up on the side of a mountain.  We ate at an adorable restaurant with a view that would knock your socks off.  And we found a cute little park for Clara and Frankie to play at.  You may notice that Noah wasn't with us.  We sneaked away while he was at school, which I felt bad about, but we'll definitely be going back.


Of course we had to stop and get ice cream.  Clara was pretty darn excited that this was all for her- and she ate the whole thing, without getting messy I might add.


Okay.  I must prepare you for the next picture.  

You are going to laugh.  Hard.  

Clara found Joel's ski mask and ear phones he uses when shooting and was playing with them.  Then things got quiet in the back seat, and this is what we found:






Joel and I about died laughing!  My favorite is how the ear phones are squishing her cheeks together.  So funny!  She slept this way until we got home and was perfectly content.  She cracks us up!  This is one of those many examples of why having kids is so fun and never ever dull!  I think this was the highlight of our day trip Jerome!

Fun day!

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Marianne. Clara is hilarious! Miss you :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what people in passing cars might've been thinking if they saw Clara like that! It DID make me laugh. She looks like someone from Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be totally freaked standing on that glass! That picture of Clara is priceless by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo of Clara is so hilarious! I can't wait 'til we come visit you so we can go to Jerome too! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete