I'm seeing a lot of family and friends eating healthy and avoiding processed foods. While I'm not sure I could completely without processed foods, I do want to be healthier as I'm starting to jiggle with every step. Not just for that reason, though. I want to feel good too.
I've never been able to stick to a meal plan. It's pretty pathetic actually. I don't think I've ever gone a full day sticking to the meals I outline. There's always the jar of nutella begging for me to dip my spoon in it or the kids' meal they didn't finish or the open bag of chocolate chips that I cannot ignore. Yep. It's pathetic.
But this time I am determine! I have made healthy food choices in the past, believe it or not, and I love how they made me feel. But this time, instead of only feeling the effects for a few hours until I fall off the wagon and eat a handful of chocolate chips, I want to make a lifestyle change so that I can feel good all the time. And, like so many aspects of motherhood, how I eat affects my children and their dad. If I'm eating good, they will too.
Now, why am I telling you all this? I'm going to post my meal plan for tomorrow on my blog because I'm hoping it will hold me more accountable. Please, help me stick to one measly meal plan! If I can do one day, maybe I can do two and then three. You get the picture. It's all about baby steps.
Here's my plan:
Breakfast- Breakfast Burrito and a glass of milk
Snack- Yogurt (Activia) & raw unsalted almonds
Lunch- PB and honey on whole wheat bread and apples on the side
Snack- cheese stick and dried fruits
Dinner- smoked sausage and white bean stew with kale and biscuits on the side
Other goals- Lots of water all day, eat sitting down, and exercise
Now, I know not everything was unprocessed, and I'm sure it's not nutritionally perfect (I know! I need more veggies). But at least one of my snacks isn't a spoonful of nutella. We go through that stuff ridiculously fast. It's a little embarrassing, actually.
So here I go. On to a new, healthier me!
Wow, Marianne! Good luck! Sounds like a good idea to start with one day. I started with just dinners and breakfasts. I can't handle regimens of any kind, so I have to leave a little room for lunches and snacks (even though I keep a list of "possibilities" - and the groceries to go with them - usually salad stuff for lunches, and my homemade granola is always a easy, delicious snack if I have nothing else) to make myself feel a little rebellious. Anyway, I am proud of you! I am currently working on a week-long menu plan to post on my new blog. Who knows when it will be ready, but maybe it will be useful to you when it is. We'll discuss healthy food in TWO WEEKS! Can you believe I'll see you in barely over that? So exciting!
ReplyDelete