Our kitchen and dining room BEFORE...
Don't you just love the florescent shop light? Unfortunately, that still remains.
And I also left junk on the counters for dramatic emphasis.
And now the AFTER pictures.
Drum roll please......
The back splash was not our favorite when we bought the house, but we tried to make it work. I think we succeeded!
Was painting the cabinets a HUGE job? Yes.
Was it worth it? YES!
(We still have some touch ups on the island, but it looks okay for now.)
And I also wanted to show off my ORANGE door. I LOVE it!!! It was a drab brown that did nothing for the curb appeal of the house. Now it has a little much needed charm.
We still have lots of other projects (some of which have been completed since taking these pics, so I'll post them soon too). Unfortunately, they take money (lousy money!), so we have to wait until we get a little more of that stuff.
We're having lots of fun making our home beautiful on a budget and with our own hands. Can't wait to show you more!
( Joel's telling me a need some closeups, so I'll be back later with more pics.)
Cute! Cute! Cute! I love the colors you chose!
ReplyDeleteSo amazing!! What color did you paint the dark cabinets?
ReplyDeleteWow, Marianne! What fun to have your own place again that you can personalize!
ReplyDeleteYay for the orange door. So fun! And love the kitchen color and hardware :)
ReplyDeleteI love the kitchen! Awesome job.
ReplyDelete