Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Visitors

My internet is hit and miss, so I don't get a chance to blog very often.  Because of that, here's a little bit about the fun weekend we had a few weeks ago with Grandma and Grandpa Svedin.  I'm mad at myself that I don't have a group picture or one of just the two of them.  Next time they come I'll be better.  

We're so glad they would drive all that way!  It was so fun to see their faces again and give them hugs.  There's nothing better than grandparents!



While they were here, we ventured to Montezuma's Castle.  It's an ancient Indian dwelling made on the side of a rocky mountain.  It was pretty fascinating to see and to think about what their lives must have been like.  They sure picked a beautiful spot to live.




After that we went back to Jerome.  I really do enjoy learning the history of places.  On this second trip, I went with my parents to the little museum that all kinds of fun historic items and stories.  Very fascinating.

And while we were in the museum, the kids played in a park.  I was not surprised at all to find out that Noah caught a lizard.  He is such a little explorer and creature finder!  I love it!


Of course we went back to the actual mine.  I got the kids to stand above the hole (remember it is as deep as the Eifell Tower is tall!) and had them give me a scared face.  Clara's looks a little more crazy than scared.



On another day we went for a walk on the trail by our house.  My dad, who loves plants, was fascinated like we were of all the cacti.  He seemed to really enjoy seeing the beauty of the dessert and all the fun varieties of cacti.  He even bought a couple of palm trees to grow in his green house.  

My mom took this picture of our family in front of one of the many Saguaro Cacti.  Like I said early, I don't know why we didn't do a group photo here or why I didn't take one of my parents.  Next time.

What fun to have some visitors!  We were blessed again this last week to have more- Joel's sister Andrea and her kids drove all the way from Idaho to see us.  What fun that was too!  I'm obviously a lame photo taker because I failed to take pictures while they were here.  I think I got one of the kids playing at the reservoir near our home.  The water was freezing but they had fun.  I'm so glad my kids got some cousin time.  They had so much fun playing together, and the big kids did too, staying up too late every night flapping our gums.  So fun!

If you can believe it, we're having more visitors in a couple of weeks!  My sister Tami will be joining us.  We've never been so popular!  Maybe we should move far away more often. 

  By the way, in case you're wondering, I did succeed in sticking with my meal plan.  Well, sort of.  I had to adjust it because I was starving!  Since then, however, my eating was not too great.  But Andrea inspired me  a lot while she was here.  She has an awesome food blog with recipes and help with cutting processed foods. I'm taking it slowly for now.  I've been using coconut oil wherever I can and honey instead of sugar.  It's really easy and doesn't change the taste of your food at all.  I'm also including a lot more fresh fruits and veggies (better at the fruits than I am the veggies).  Anyway, just thought I'd give a little update on the last post I did.  

2 comments:

  1. I didn't take any (okay, I took a couple of some of the kids on your couch, but they are blurry) pictures, either. I never do. I just don't want to miss any of the fun I would miss in the time it takes to run and grab my camera. I thought having a good camera phone would help, but it doesn't. Lame.

    ReplyDelete