Apparently there's a hot air balloon launching spot right outside our little neighborhood. Sometimes it seems like one will land right in the neighborhood. In fact, our neighbor said one accidentally landed in front of her house once!
We are so glad we moved here during the "winter." I put quotes around that because this is not the winter I'm used to! We've had 80 degree weather the last few days!
It's great that the kids can actually ride the bikes they got for Christmas!
Not only is the weather great for riding bikes, the neighborhood is awesome! It's a huge reason we bought this house. The kids have tons of space to ride bikes or go on walks. Plus they go to the park that's around the corner at least once a day. The kids are very happy!
Joel and I are enjoying the weather too. It's so nice not to shovel snow! Sunday we went on a walk together, and we can ride our bike with the kids too. I can even go running without freezing my limbs off!
But, like I said, we're glad we moved here during the winter. I'm a little nervous for the heat we'll experience in the summer. We keep getting warned about it. We'll make sure we know where the nearest splash pad is and swimming pool and make sure the AC works. For now, though, this weather is pretty awesome!
I'll say it again: jealous.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're enjoying it! Don't be so worried about the summer. It's hot, but that's the time of year that you stay inside. My hubby grew up in AZ and said that truly, the only things you can do in the summer are swim or go to movies. They have some fantastic, cheap summer movie clubs at the theaters here. Don't know if they do that in UT. Anyway, it's exciting to see you guys here! Winters are the bomb here!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the kids are loving it-- can't blame them one bit. Summer will be interesting for sure!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the best part of AZ!! You won't even want to be at the splash pad or swimming pool in the summer, both are hot water in the summer and you honestly want to die in the outside heat. But, you will just stay in, like you would in Utah in the winter. Just be prepared for you AC bill to be SOOOO MUCH! Save now, seriously!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely ADORE the winters, springs and fall here... I HATE HATE HATE the Summers more than I can ever express!! LOL But you win some, you loose some!!
You are in AZ!!! Welcome! Summers are hot but after a few summers you just get use to it. We do early morning and evening swimming. Its nice and relaxing. And you can even swim in September too! But don't let summers scare you. I walked a mile to my parent house and then back during the dead of summer and it wasn't so bad. And they have lots of fun activities for kids that are inside! :-)
ReplyDeleteCute blog, Marianne. Your neighborhood looks awesome! I can't wait to come and see it in person :) Miss you :(
ReplyDelete