Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Changes

January is a time of change, and things have and certainly are changing in the Orton house.  With one huge change there's a ripple affect of changes following it.  Here a few of those changes you might find fun:  


This last weekend we were so lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa Orton come all the way down here to stay with us for a few days!  It was so fun to see them drive up to our house and see their happy faces smiling at us!  First thing Clara said to Grandpa was, "I need a hug!"  They didn't just come to see us, though.  They came to work, and boy, did they ever!  Joel wanted his dad to help him put up a door so we could access the space underneath the stairs.  They had such fun on that project, and it gave us a huge space for storage.  Grandma helped me SO much by helping me put things away I'd lost energy to do on my own and by getting lots of cleaning done.  They were such a big help, and it was so fun to be with them again!  How we love them!

The house will see a lot more changes in the future.  I'll definitely keep you posted.  But, I'm guessing you want to see before pictures?  I'll get on that one of these days.
 

We finally did it!  Clara got a hair cut!  Now that it's done, we wonder why it took us so long.  It's so darling! And the tangles are a breeze to manage.  She looks so cute!

Noah started school on Monday at his new school.  The best part about it is he gets to ride the bus.  Yay!  We're all thrilled about that!  He had no problems going to a new place, and so far, every day has been great.   I wasn't worried.  He's such a fun boy who makes friends easily.  

These changes have been lots of fun, but so have most of the changes around here.  We're really enjoying this new chapter in our lives.

I used to not be a fan of change, but I guess it's not so bad after all.

3 comments:

  1. Well, yeah. When change involves beautiful weather, a new house, and lots of fun possibilities...it's not so bad! I forgot that my parents were there visiting. I was just thinking I hadn't heard from them in a while...duh. My kids will be SO jealous that Noah gets to ride the bus! And Clara looks adorable no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and Dad know how to GET THINGS DONE, don't they? What a great project for Dad and Joel to be able to work on together. Glad you had fun with them. Glad so many of the changes are good ones so far. Thanks for posting pictures and news. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Andrea. I really don't have anything to complain about! Sharlee, we miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete