Wednesday, April 9, 2014

FHE: Scripture Stories Told with Chalk

I don't know about you, but when evening rolls around Joel and I are feeling pretty pooped. So, when it's time for Family Home Evening, the simpler the better.

This last Monday my kids had been enjoying a recently opened box of chalk.  My lets-keep-fhe-simple frame of mind kicked on, and I said, "Let's have the kids draw a picture of their favorite scripture story and tell us about it." Joel thought that was brilliant.

They drew and Joel and I sat and watched.

The kids loved it.

Noah drew...Noah.  He said he likes the story because they have the same name and because there are animals involved. We added that Noah is pretty awesome. He did some hard things. He obeyed God even when almost everyone thought he was completely nuts. (No, we have not seen the new movie.)

Clara drew when Jesus appeared to Joseph Smith in the sacred grove. She said she likes hearing about that story. I asked how she feels when she hears it, and she said "happy."  So do I, sweetie.

Yay for successful and simple family home evenings!

2 comments:

  1. Good idea! I think we'll do that next week. If I can find the chalk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, fun, and helps you feel close to each other and Heavenly Father. A great recioe for fhe! After Carter's tball practice, Hazel taught a 30 second lesson about Jesus with a picture she colored from the Friend magazine, Elias treated us to slushies at cirlcle k, and we drove by the temple being built. Hooray for simple yet good fhe!

    ReplyDelete